A deb file is Farley simiple to make; It consisted of two parts, the stuff that you want to give everyone, and then a DEBIAN folder. Let's start:
1) Create a folder, give it any name you want. This folder will need to endup on your ipod so it might just be easiest to create it on there.
2) Create a subfolder called "DEBIAN" just like that, all caps no quotes.
3) Create a new text file in the DEBIAN folder name it "control" this is what contains the instructions for the packaging.
4) Open up the control file with your favorite text editor and copy and paste this code into it:
Package: com.Your.Identifier Name: Friendly Package Name Version: 1.0 Architecture: iphoneos-arm Description: Write what it does here Section: Cydia's category
Hopefully you can figure our what each tag does, Make sure that you do not change the capitalization of any of the tags.
The 'Package:' tag is string that the os will use to identify this package. It should look like a backwards web address:
Next the 'Name:' tage is what people will see in cydia, put down what ever you want here
'Version:' This is the version number duh
'Architecture: iphoneos-arm' don't change this, otherwise your package won't install
'Description:' this what users will see as the description of the package in Cydia
'Section:' This will tell Cydia which category to put your package in, Games, Tweaks, Administration are some examples. Be sure to use proper capitalization.
5) Once all of that is done move back to top folder (the folder that has the DEBIAN folder in it) and make some more folders. Think about this folder as the / folder on your device. Build a folder structure identical to where you want your package to go. if you want it to go in /usr/bin (location for commands) create a folder called usr and a subfolder called bin. Double check your capitalization!
6) Once that is all done move everything to your iDevice if you haven't already, and set the permissions. If you want to be able to run a program make sure you have the execute permission set. 'chmod 777 file' this will give everyone complete access to a file read, write, and execute.
7) Now the last step. Open up putty or mobile terminal and navigate to the directory that you created then 'cd ..' this will take you to the directory one step above your current directory. Then run 'dpkg-deb -b foldername outputfilename.deb'
Ignore the warnings that it gives you and wait a few seconds and your all done! Be sure to give it an output file name, otherwise you will have an extra file in your deb file that may conflict with other packages.
Leave Comments if you have any questions or just want to know more. Hope that this helps all of you!