IPB

- - - - -

Apple + installous

13 replies to this topic

#1 Charliewonder7

• Members
  • 910 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 03:04 AM

How can they not know of all the piracy??
They automatically know when an update come out for the apps you (legitimatly have)?

I really want to know.

#2 gra2goo

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:05 AM

It's totally different. The apps contain a version info. A cracked app would end up looking
a lot like the original app unless it has code that is desiged to detect that it has been cracked. Apple would care less and wouldn't bother tracking you down. It costs too much to investigate, track down, and put away a
one person. They're already a big business anyway so it doesn't really affect them that much.

#3 B4NND1T

Kweh! Kweh!

• Members
  • 11,947 posts
  • iPhone:iPhone 5, iPhone 4

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:18 AM

They are aware of it but you cant expect everyone to get arrested for piracy, too many people do it.
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 1.3 - GM d- s+:- a-- C++(++++) 
UBLS*+++ P+ L++ E? W++ N+ o-- K w++ 
O- M- V- PS+++ PE Y+ PGP t 5 X+ R+ 
tvn+ b++ DI-- D++ G+ e h r++ y+
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

#4 Quick

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:29 AM

You have to keep in mind that a jailbroken phone is the most popular thing out there and it is still an apple product they get the most money from you buying the phone

#5 Mattofp

• Members
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:33 AM

Apps are really revenue for the creator and extra publicity for the iPhone
I'm a doctor and your a nerd...

#6 Quick

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:46 AM

Yeah if you a million phones from me at $300 a pop I wouldn't care what you dodo with them

#7 iVictory

• Members
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 03:23 PM

Oh they know exactly how many iPhones are using pirated apps in the world. There is a chart on the forum somewhere that showed the breakdown of every country, china having the most pirated apps!
Posted Image        Posted Image

#8 Deathmourn

• Members
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 12:41 AM

They know about it...but in reality they also, know how many of those people would actually buy the apps they steal. Not as many as you would think. The resources that would be required to sue, and locate all the people, and the time. Just NOT worth it. Piracy actually increases sales somewhat to don't forget..

It's mostly the developer... for example let's just say you WOULD have bought the app and most apps are around what? .99 let's make that $2 ok?
That's about .60 for Apple the rest for the developer. In order to arrest the downloader over a .60 game. They wouldn't rlly benifit as much as if they shut down the site hosting it allowing 1000's to download it.

THEY DO get thos ekind of thigns pulled.. that's much more effective then sueing every downloader which, is unpractical.

However, there are SO MANY people who upload the files, and even more files because 1 person can upload it a million times if he wanted..

So many sites...it's impossible to shut them all off. :/

Apple knows... there's just not enough benifit of cracking down to do it.

Could they? Yes..

But it would cost them more in the long run partly due to the increased sale, added witht he lawyer costs, and blah blah blah etc.

#9 iVictory

• Members
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 06:42 AM

Exactly!^^^
Posted Image        Posted Image

#10 Cal3b

The Man

• Members
  • 4,369 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 06:55 AM

We shall see, yeah they cant go after all of us but... i hear they might make it so if you pirate an app the next time you connect to iTunes it will just charge you for the app.  We will see if this goes through or if its just another rumor anyway im sure whatever they do we will find a way around it.  We always do.
Sent from my Galaxy S4 Nexus

#11 Charliewonder7

• Members
  • 910 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 01:39 PM

Cal3b said:

We shall see, yeah they cant go after all of us but... i hear they might make it so if you pirate an app the next time you connect to iTunes it will just charge you for the app.  We will see if this goes through or if its just another rumor anyway im sure whatever they do we will find a way around it.  We always do.

that's what I'm worried about. Imagine they charged u for all of the apps u ever down loaded?

#12 CalvinHogan

• Members
  • 1,798 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 03:04 PM

Rumprs rumprs rumors.  If uve know'd how itune is working u would never has sais that
Fuck off

#13 Cal3b

The Man

• Members
  • 4,369 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 03:24 PM

They couldn't charge you for all of them. Right now there really isn't a way for them to tell. They will have to start putting code in the app to track it. If and when they start we will know about it. 
Sent from my Galaxy S4 Nexus

#14 Hacker

• Members
  • 12,267 posts
  • iPhone:iPhone 4S
  • iPod touch:iPod touch 4G, iPod touch 2G, iPod touch 1G
  • iPad:iPad 2
  • Mac:MacBook Pro
  • Apple TV:Apple TV 2G

Posted 12 January 2010 - 08:01 PM

Cal3b said:

They couldn't charge you for all of them. Right now there really isn't a way for them to tell. They will have to start putting code in the app to track it. If and when they start we will know about it.

They already have drm in the apps that's why we have to crack them before uploading!
:D

Developer of : SwipeSelection - CardSwitcher - Emblem - MountainCenter - Check