This is my first time hearing about Belzar, which is supposedly a full-fledged direct boot modchip with quite the feature set:
* Works on all PS3 models
* Works on all PS3 regions (USA, JAP, PAL)
* Direct Boot of PS3 original, import, and backup (copied) games
* Direct Boot of PS2 original, import, and backup (copied) games
* Supports multi-region Blu-ray Movie Playback
* Supports multi-region DVD Movie Playback
* No config disc needed â€“ it just works!
* Transparent stealth operation
* Integrates proven belzar Intelligent Code Modifying System
* No awkward USB interface â€“ just insert DVD and play!
* Supports all up to date titles
* Ultra-low power consumption; does not interfere with normal PS3 operation
* Only 12 wires to solder
* No external PC/laptop needed
* Completely upgradeable firmware, via Belzars USB 2.0 interface
The lowdownâ€¦ On July 1st the public release was apparently delayed due to a nasty bug that crashed the console using the latest firmware update. Furthermore, a couple days back itâ€™s said the modchip was sent to 50 beta testers for final bug testing. No price or release date has been mentioned/confirmed.
Now, as far as Iâ€™m concerned, this is absolute pure speculation for the time being. That is until some concrete evidence surfaces proving otherwise. Anyone, beta testers, hello?!