Microsoft Patents Gaming Helmet For Xbox

2 replies to this topic

#1 keyster

• Members
  • 6,746 posts
  • iPhone:iPhone 4S

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:59 PM

Posted Image

Two patents filed by Microsoft back in 2010 have been uncovered, detailing two styles of video headsets: a gaming helmet for Xbox gamers and a pair of glasses for smartphone users.

Patentbolt uncovered the patents which were filed back in Q3 2010. The images produced by the headsets would be 16:9 and, ”appear to the wearer as if it were 21 inches and viewed at arm’s length,” according to the patent.

Each eye would be capable of producing a stereoscopic 3D image and the viewing area could be made transparent to allow augmented reality.

Sony has already unveiled its gaming headset, which looks pretty futuristic and snazzy. Hopefully is Microsoft decide to follow suit it won’t use this concept look of an aviation helmet. The last thing anyone wants is to look like an extra from Top Gun during their gaming sessions. Back in my childhood I dreamed of a time where virtual reality would one day become the norm for gaming, but now I just think of how ridiculous it would look.

Posted Image

#2 Towelie

Sexy Avatar Group

• Members
  • 14,046 posts
  • iPhone:iPhone 4
  • iPod touch:iPod touch 2G

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:36 AM

Lol oh Microsoft
How long will they mourn me, bury me a mutha****in 'G' ***** don't wanna die then don't **** with me
SkyFox

#3 King003

Swag bitch

• Members
  • 18,578 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:47 AM

Saw this
PMW is all I really need