This topic contains links to tutorials on how to jailbreak and unlock your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
First let's define the terms jailbreak and unlock.
Jailbreak:The process used to open the software of an iDevice to allow the user greater access to the device to install non-Apple-approved software.
Unlock:To allow an iPhone to be used on an unofficial carrier. It requires the device to be jailbroken first if you are using a software unlock. Official carriers now unlock devices for customers in good standing (namely AT&T) and software unlocks are becoming a thing of the past.
There are many other terms you may come across that you are unsure of their meaning. Click here for a list of commonly used jailbreaking terms.
Here are links to the current methods to jailbreak and unlock your device:
- How to Jailbreak iOS 6.0 - 6.1.2 On Any Device
- How to Jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 1, iPod Touch 4g, iPod Touch 3G
- How to Jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 on iPhone 4S and iPad 2
- How to Jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 on iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS Without Updating Baseband
- How to Unlock Your iPhone Using ultrasn0w
If you need help, post in our Support forum!
Edited by brutal truth, 20 February 2013 - 02:06 PM.