23 replies to this topic

#1 Tyler11223344

• Members
  • 762 posts
  • iPhone:iPhone 3GS
  • iPad:iPad 2
  • iPod:iPod shuffle, iPod nano

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:59 AM

I can't figure out how to upload pictures now but pod2G tweeted that there could be an iPad 2 and iPhone 4S untethered jailbreak within the next week.

"I made a step today for the A5. With some luck we could expect a release in a week.”

#2 iPhone

Drop Dead Genius

• Staff Room Access
  • 53,629 posts
  • iPhone:iPhone 4S, iPhone 3G
  • iPod touch:iPod touch 4G
  • iPad:iPad

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:03 PM

Yes

#3 Evilmonkee

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:41 PM

As always...ho hum. I'll believe it when it's out.

#4 afy97

• Members
  • 205 posts
  • iPhone:iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:15 AM

Is there currently any jailbreaks, tethered or untethered for the 4s/ipad 2?
Or is there no jailbreaks at all for them?

#5 Evilmonkee

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:30 AM

None, zip, zilch, nada.

#6 Vonix

Animation Overlord

• Members
  • 10,913 posts
  • iPod touch:iPod touch 4G, iPod touch 2G
  • Mac:iMac
  • iPod:iPod nano
  • Apple TV:Apple TV 2G

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:36 AM

There is 4.3.3 Jailbreakme for ipad2
But that's it
Posted Image Posted Image

#7 Tyler11223344

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:01 AM

View PostEvilmonkee, on 04 January 2012 - 11:41 PM, said:

As always...ho hum. I'll believe it when it's out.

People said the same thing for the other iOS 5 jailbreak, and look what happened. They aren't just bluffing away.

#8 SayMilesAway

• Members
  • 725 posts
  • iPhone:iPhone 4S
  • Mac:MacBook Pro

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:44 AM

Pod2g's latest blog update isn't very promising. I was excited to hear that the jailbreak could be released next week. Now he sounds unsure.

#9 Tyler11223344

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:37 PM

Ya he isn't as confident as he was when he tweeted, but injecting the exploit is only part of the jailbreak, the actual exploit is done all he has to do is find a way to inject it without a dev account on every device.

#10 Evilmonkee

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 02:18 AM

Any tweet/etc. that doesn't say that the jailbreak is actually released is a total waste of time. Why get peoples hopes up? I don't think they do it to be deceptive. Perhaps a little attention grabbing though to stay relevant. But it is still just noise.

#11 Wolvy

• Members
  • 3,737 posts
  • iPod touch:iPod touch 5G, iPod touch 4G
  • iPad:iPad 3

Posted 07 January 2012 - 02:27 AM

View PostEvilmonkee, on 07 January 2012 - 02:18 AM, said:

Any tweet/etc. that doesn't say that the jailbreak is actually released is a total waste of time. Why get peoples hopes up? I don't think they do it to be deceptive. Perhaps a little attention grabbing though to stay relevant. But it is still just noise.
If they don't give people something they complain in their thousands and get demanding. Look at Sony during the PSN outage. They would have got way less complaints had they kept people informed.

#12 Tyler11223344

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:28 AM

Exactly, if there were no tweets from the devs for months, I promise you people would be riot-worthy pissed off. Plus, people might think they had forgot about jailbreaking it and be REALLY pissed.

#13 Evilmonkee

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:51 PM

Oh boo hoo! :( People are going to complain really? And that means what exactly to the devs? Do their coding fingers run on the fickle praise of the geek masses? Are their delicate egos powered by the sycophantic tweets of their devout followers? Or do they wither under the noise of all the kiddies who demand to be pacified by something new to bitch about?

#14 Wolvy

• Members
  • 3,737 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 01:51 AM

I'm sure that people telling you to hurry the fuck up and calling you useless etc would get annoying after a while and you'd end up walking out.

However you seem to have an irrational hatred of them so I'd suggest unjailbreaking, updating your device to the latest version, preferably updating to the latest baseband if on an iPhone so you won't use these kind peoples tools again, and deleting all jailbreak tools and pissing off.

Thanks and have a nice day :)

#15 Chris

Better Than Ibby

• Moderators
  • 15,169 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:44 AM

View PostEvilmonkee, on 07 January 2012 - 10:51 PM, said:

Oh boo hoo! :( People are going to complain really? And that means what exactly to the devs? Do their coding fingers run on the fickle praise of the geek masses? Are their delicate egos powered by the sycophantic tweets of their devout followers? Or do they wither under the noise of all the kiddies who demand to be pacified by something new to bitch about?

Even if you're right and they are doing it for attention, so what? They do this for free. I think they deserve a bit of attention. Unless you actually pay them to provide a jailbreak tool for you, you don't really have any reason to complain about their ego other than your impatience.

Doesn't matter what they do because if they don't give out any updates, people complain. And if they do give out updates, people complain.

#16 Evilmonkee

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:48 PM

View PostWolvy, on 08 January 2012 - 01:51 AM, said:

I'm sure that people telling you to hurry the fuck up and calling you useless etc would get annoying after a while and you'd end up walking out.

However you seem to have an irrational hatred of them so I'd suggest unjailbreaking, updating your device to the latest version, preferably updating to the latest baseband if on an iPhone so you won't use these kind peoples tools again, and deleting all jailbreak tools and pissing off.

Thanks and have a nice day :)

I don't have any hatred for them at all. I'm simply pointing out that it is useless to speculate on the progress or potential release date of something like a jailbreak. And here we are, just about a week later and no signs that anyone is any closer to a viable untethered jailbreak than when the 4S first came out. Sure, it could come out tomorrow and that would be great, wouldn't it? Am I holding my breath? No. Oh and if you had been paying any attention to the fact that I must own a 4S since I'm posting in a thread about an untethered jailbreak for the 4S, then you wouldn't have to suggest that I unjailbreak a phone that has no jailbreak, and for this I have an irrational hatred for you.

View PostChannan, on 08 January 2012 - 04:44 AM, said:

Even if you're right and they are doing it for attention, so what? They do this for free. I think they deserve a bit of attention. Unless you actually pay them to provide a jailbreak tool for you, you don't really have any reason to complain about their ego other than your impatience.

Doesn't matter what they do because if they don't give out any updates, people complain. And if they do give out updates, people complain.

I have and will donate to the devs for their work on jailbreaks. I've also paid for many jailbreak apps to support the jailbreak community as a whole. To think that they don't get a fair amount of compensation for their work is naive.

#17 Chris

Better Than Ibby

• Moderators
  • 15,169 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:03 AM

Okay? That's a donation. It's not required. If you're going to complain about it, donate AFTER you get your tool.

And you've purchased many jailbreak apps and support the jailbreak community? How is that related to pod2g finding exploits for a jailbreak?

View PostEvilmonkee, on 07 January 2012 - 10:51 PM, said:

Oh boo hoo! :( People are going to complain really?

Ironic that you're the one complaining.

#18 Wolvy

• Members
  • 3,737 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:12 AM

View PostEvilmonkee, on 10 January 2012 - 11:48 PM, said:

Oh and if you had been paying any attention to the fact that I must own a 4S since I'm posting in a thread about an untethered jailbreak for the 4S, then you wouldn't have to suggest that I unjailbreak a phone that has no jailbreak...

In saying this, with regards to my post, you are implying the 4S is the first iOS device you have owned, in which case you would have no prior experience of waiting for a jailbreak or other Dev team tool. You also would have no reason to donate and nor would you be part of the community of iDevice owners. Please stop talking drivel and complaining that people read it more thoroughly than you did writing it.

View PostEvilmonkee, on 10 January 2012 - 11:48 PM, said:

...and for this I have an irrational hatred for you.

Have fun with that. :)

On the subject of them being "fairly compensated for their work", how would you know? Did you drop them all $50,000 in each of their PayPal accounts?

#19 Ashman

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:00 PM

Anyone ever think that maybe they are waiting to release because of pending arrivals of new products? iPad 3 or iPhone 5. So they can have a JB ready for those. It maybe they are working on a one step package or possibly making sure it is stable. I for one don't have a 4s but I only JB for lock info, PDA net and possibility to theme if I want.

Though what I really want is not done yet is to be able to dual boot android and iOS. That to me would simply be cool as hell just to have. I would also love to see swype keyboard in ios. Haven't found one that can replace the standard keyboard to work in all my apps. Shape writer is cool though.

For those who want the 4s jailbreak be patient I am sure it will come sooner or later. I remember having to wait for what seemed forever to get a jb for my 3GS and was stoked when spirit had come out and could be untethered. But I didn't have a problem with waiting for it.

#20 Chris230291

Thinking Different

• Members
  • 11,896 posts
  • iPhone:iPhone 5
  • iPad:iPad
  • Mac:MacBook Pro, Mac Pro

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:44 PM

my iPhone 4 was my first good phone and first iPhone (obviously). i was lucky in that as soon as i got mine, like the day after a jailbreak was released. if I've learnt anything from following the JB community, it's wait until the JB is released before you upgrade. having said that, if you think the upgrade is worth going jailbrokenless for, then by all means go ahead.